Difference: EMSBoDMeetingMinutes042114 (1 vs. 5)

Revision 5
05 May 2014 - Main.ClifCox
Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="EmsMinutes"

EMS
Board of Directors
Meeting Minutes
Meeting date: 04/21/2014

Line: 37 to 37
 

Clif gave a mini update on RAIN; Though Joe Maruschak was very encouraging in his first meeting, now that he has started his new job as (executive director?) of RAIN the reality of the situation has hit him, and it looks to be a slow road. For the time being they will have a small place upstairs in the chamber of commerce offices. We will still try to get a face to face with him in the next few weeks.
Changed:
<
<
Kassey's mini report: Ben says that if we are not going to move anytime soon we should invest in some attractive toys. Specifically a CNC router. Kassey is also interested in increasing the metal working station tool set, such as a nice sheet metal cutter and or a brake.So if we chose to get a new tool or tools, we should promote it as a fund raiser in hope that we don't tap ourself out completely.
>
>
Kassey's mini report: Ben says that if we are not going to move anytime soon we should invest in some attractive toys. Specifically a CNC router. Kassey is also interested in increasing the metal working station tool set, such as a nice sheet metal cutter, and or a brake.So if we chose to get a new tool or tools, we should promote it as a fund raiser in hopes that we don't tap ourself out completely.
 

We should talk to Bob about how soon his laser cutter might be done, so that we might focus on other tools.

Key holder membership relationship:

Line: 45 to 45
  So Bob, Ben, Ellery and Darrell are working on the new door system. which also automates the recording of sponsors for new key holders. We asked ourselves if anything needed to change in the policy but couldn't think of any big changes, even with other hypothetical situations like groups using the space under the guidance of supervisors.

Data logging policy:

Changed:
<
<
Talked about retention times, and anonymizing some of the data. In general we thought that keeping all the data for a short while such as a week to a month, then striping some specifics during a following longer period, then just keeping summarizing statistics for as long as we want sounded good. As far as the door goes we feel that we should record full data for a time then aggregate it into some statistics. So perhaps the people working on the door want to suggest something along those lines to the board. For the video, we can talk about the length of the archive period since it would be hard to anonymize, though it might be possible to find a package that would fuzz out all the faces.
>
>
Talked about retention times, and anonymizing some of the data. In general we thought that keeping all the data for a short while such as a week to a month, then striping some specifics during a following longer period, then just keeping some summarizing statistics for as long as we want sounded good. As far as the door goes we feel that we should record full data for a time then aggregate it into some statistics. So perhaps the people working on the door want to suggest something along those lines to the board. For the video, we can talk about the length of the archive period since it would be hard to anonymize, though it might be possible to find a package that would fuzz out all the faces.
 

Mark left at about 8:10.

Other topics of discussion:

Revision 4
22 Apr 2014 - Main.ClifCox
Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="EmsMinutes"

EMS
Board of Directors
Meeting Minutes
Meeting date: 04/21/2014

Call to order:

Changed:
<
<
A Special meeting of the Board of directors of EMS, was held at 687 McKinley street, Suite #2, Eugene OR on April 7th , 2014. The meeting convened at 7:30PM, Clif, presiding, and Clif Cox secretary.
>
>
A Regular meeting of the Board of directors of EMS, was held at 687 McKinley street, Suite #2, Eugene OR on April 21st , 2014. The meeting convened at 7:30PM, Clif Cox, presiding, and Clif Cox secretary.
 
Changed:
<
<
Board Members in attendance: all
Board Members not in attendance: Weston
>
>
Board Members in attendance: Clif, Darrell, and Kassie.
Board Members not in attendance: Weston
 

Quorum present? Yes
Changed:
<
<
Also Present Were: Mark and Machelle.
>
>
Also Present Were: Mark and Michelle.
 

Approve agenda, and previous minutes.

Agenda:
  1. Approve the agenda
  2. Review previous meeting minutes
Changed:
<
<
  1. Space search update
>
>
  1. Space Search Update
 
  1. Key holder membership relationship
Changed:
<
<
  1. Data logging polocy
Approval of Agenda: Motion was made by Clif, and seconded by Kassy to approve this meeting's proposed agenda (as amended?)
>
>
  1. Data logging policy
Approval of Agenda: Motion was made by Clif, and seconded by Kassey to approve this meeting's proposed agenda.
 

Unanimous approval.

Motion carried.
Changed:
<
<
Approval of minutes: Motion was made by Darrell , and seconded by Clif to approve the minutes (as amended?) of the 3/18/14 meeting.
>
>
Approval of minutes: Motion was made by Darrell , and seconded by Clif to approve the minutes of the 3/18/14 meeting.
 

Unanimous approval.

Motion carried.
Added:
>
>

Space Search Update:

 
Changed:
<
<
f so, are copies or a link available?

Space search update

>
>
Mark gave us a mini report on Eric and Swim Left Labs. It's no longer a viable option for us because Eric is no longer desperate for tenets since he has a few more possibilities now. Though he might help out suggesting folks if we need some help filling a larger space.
 
Changed:
<
<
Mark gave us a mini report on Eric, and Swin Left. It's no longer a viable option because Eric is no longer desperate for tenents. but might help out if we need some tenents for a larger space. Clife gave a mini update on RAIN. Don't hold your breath. Kassy's mini report, Ben says that we are not going to move anytime soon we should invest in some attriactive toys. specifically a CNC router. Kassy would like to increase the metal working station. such as a nice sheet metal cutter and or a brake.So if we chose to get a toy we should promote an active fundraiser. We should talk to Bob about how soon his lazer cutter be done. and work it out.
>
>
Clif gave a mini update on RAIN; Though Joe Maruschak was very encouraging in his first meeting, now that he has started his new job as (executive director?) of RAIN the reality of the situation has hit him, and it looks to be a slow road. For the time being they will have a small place upstairs in the chamber of commerce offices. We will still try to get a face to face with him in the next few weeks.
 
Changed:
<
<
MOTION - XX moved, and XX Seconded that:
>
>
Kassey's mini report: Ben says that if we are not going to move anytime soon we should invest in some attractive toys. Specifically a CNC router. Kassey is also interested in increasing the metal working station tool set, such as a nice sheet metal cutter and or a brake.So if we chose to get a new tool or tools, we should promote it as a fund raiser in hope that we don't tap ourself out completely.
 
Changed:
<
<
Unanimous approval.

Motion Carried / Failed.

MOTION - XX moved, and XX Seconded that:

Unanimous approval.

Motion Carried / Failed.
>
>
We should talk to Bob about how soon his laser cutter might be done, so that we might focus on other tools.
 

Key holder membership relationship:

Changed:
<
<
So Bob, Ben, Ellery and Darrell are working on the new door system. which automates the recording of sponsors for new key holders. So that's cool. We asked ourselves if anything needed to change in the pollocy but couldn't think of any big changes...

[Subject title]

MOTION - XX moved, and XX Seconded that:

Unanimous approval.

Motion Carried / Failed.
>
>
So Bob, Ben, Ellery and Darrell are working on the new door system. which also automates the recording of sponsors for new key holders. We asked ourselves if anything needed to change in the policy but couldn't think of any big changes, even with other hypothetical situations like groups using the space under the guidance of supervisors.
 

Data logging policy:

Changed:
<
<
Talked about retention times, and anonymising some of the data. as far as the door goes we feel that we should record for a time then agragate it into some states. So perhaps the poeple working on the door want to suggest a pollicay to the board. as far as video goes we can talk about the lench of the archive perios
>
>
Talked about retention times, and anonymizing some of the data. In general we thought that keeping all the data for a short while such as a week to a month, then striping some specifics during a following longer period, then just keeping summarizing statistics for as long as we want sounded good. As far as the door goes we feel that we should record full data for a time then aggregate it into some statistics. So perhaps the people working on the door want to suggest something along those lines to the board. For the video, we can talk about the length of the archive period since it would be hard to anonymize, though it might be possible to find a package that would fuzz out all the faces.

Mark left at about 8:10.
 

Other topics of discussion:

Changed:
<
<
Kassie. Any possibility of using the shop for a chain mail class. Yes seems fine...
>
>
Kassie asked if there were any possibility of using the shop for a chain mail class. Yes that seems fine. She will get back to us on specifics.
 

Action Items:

Kassie:
  • Talk to your chain mail group.
Changed:
<
<
  • Ask Ben start a conversation on discuus about what new toys we would like.
>
>
  • Ask Ben start a conversation on discuss about what new toys we would like.
  Weston:
Clif:
  • Work on meta data logging policy.
Darrell:
Changed:
<
<
  • Talks to door geroup about data logging pollicys.
>
>
  • Talks to door group about data logging polices.
  Blank:
Deleted:
<
<

Announcements:

 

Adjournment:

Changed:
<
<
Kassy moved for adjournment, Seconded by Derrol..
>
>
Kassie moved for adjournment, Seconded by Darrell.
 

Unanimous, the meeting was adjourned at 8:21PM.
Revision 3
22 Apr 2014 - Main.ClifCox
Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="EmsMinutes"

EMS
Board of Directors
Meeting Minutes
Meeting date: 04/21/2014

Call to order:

Changed:
<
<
A Special meeting of the Board of directors of EMS, was held at 687 McKinley street, Suite #2, Eugene OR on April 7th , 2014. The meeting convened at PM, Weston Turner, presiding, and Clif Cox secretary.
>
>
A Special meeting of the Board of directors of EMS, was held at 687 McKinley street, Suite #2, Eugene OR on April 7th , 2014. The meeting convened at 7:30PM, Clif, presiding, and Clif Cox secretary.
 
Changed:
<
<
Board Members in attendance: all
Board Members not in attendance: none
>
>
Board Members in attendance: all
Board Members not in attendance: Weston
 
Changed:
<
<
Quorum present? Yes / Provisional
>
>
Quorum present? Yes
 
Changed:
<
<
Also Present Were: none
>
>
Also Present Were: Mark and Machelle.
 

Approve agenda, and previous minutes.

Agenda:
  1. Approve the agenda
  2. Review previous meeting minutes
Changed:
<
<
Approval of Agenda: Motion was made by XX, and seconded by XX to approve this meeting's proposed agenda (as amended?)
>
>
  1. Space search update
  2. Key holder membership relationship
  3. Data logging polocy
Approval of Agenda: Motion was made by Clif, and seconded by Kassy to approve this meeting's proposed agenda (as amended?)
 

Unanimous approval.

Motion carried.
Changed:
<
<
Approval of minutes: Motion was made by XX , and seconded by XX to approve the minutes (as amended?) of the XX meeting.
>
>
Approval of minutes: Motion was made by Darrell , and seconded by Clif to approve the minutes (as amended?) of the 3/18/14 meeting.
 

Unanimous approval.

Motion carried.
Deleted:
<
<

Officer's reports:

 
Changed:
<
<
President Secretary Treasurer
>
>
f so, are copies or a link available?

Space search update

 
Changed:
<
<
Board and committee reports:

Were materials distributed at the meeting? If so, are copies or a link available?

Unfinished business:

[Subject title]
>
>
Mark gave us a mini report on Eric, and Swin Left. It's no longer a viable option because Eric is no longer desperate for tenents. but might help out if we need some tenents for a larger space. Clife gave a mini update on RAIN. Don't hold your breath. Kassy's mini report, Ben says that we are not going to move anytime soon we should invest in some attriactive toys. specifically a CNC router. Kassy would like to increase the metal working station. such as a nice sheet metal cutter and or a brake.So if we chose to get a toy we should promote an active fundraiser. We should talk to Bob about how soon his lazer cutter be done. and work it out.
 

MOTION - XX moved, and XX Seconded that:
Line: 51 to 48
  Unanimous approval.

Motion Carried / Failed.
Changed:
<
<

New business:

>
>

Key holder membership relationship:

So Bob, Ben, Ellery and Darrell are working on the new door system. which automates the recording of sponsors for new key holders. So that's cool. We asked ourselves if anything needed to change in the pollocy but couldn't think of any big changes...
 

[Subject title]
Line: 60 to 59
  Unanimous approval.

Motion Carried / Failed.
Added:
>
>

Data logging policy:

Talked about retention times, and anonymising some of the data. as far as the door goes we feel that we should record for a time then agragate it into some states. So perhaps the poeple working on the door want to suggest a pollicay to the board. as far as video goes we can talk about the lench of the archive perios
 

Other topics of discussion:

Added:
>
>

Kassie. Any possibility of using the shop for a chain mail class. Yes seems fine...
 

Action Items:

Kassie:
Changed:
<
<
>
>
  • Talk to your chain mail group.
  • Ask Ben start a conversation on discuus about what new toys we would like.
  Weston:
Clif:
Changed:
<
<
>
>
  • Work on meta data logging policy.
  Darrell:
Changed:
<
<
>
>
  • Talks to door geroup about data logging pollicys.
  Blank:

Announcements:

Adjournment:

Changed:
<
<
XX moved for adjournment, Seconded by XX.
>
>
Kassy moved for adjournment, Seconded by Derrol..
 
Changed:
<
<
Unanimous, the meeting was adjourned at PM.
>
>
Unanimous, the meeting was adjourned at 8:21PM.
 

____________________________ ___________________
Secretary Date of approval
Eugene Maker Space
Revision 2
21 Apr 2014 - Main.ClifCox
Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="EmsMinutes"
Changed:
<
<

EMS
Board of Directors
Meeting Minutes
Meeting date: 04/07/2014

>
>

EMS
Board of Directors
Meeting Minutes
Meeting date: 04/21/2014

 

Call to order:

Line: 86 to 86
  -->
Added:
>
>
META TOPICMOVED by="clif" date="1398120942" from="Sites.EMSBoDMeetingMinutes040714" to="Sites.EMSBoDMeetingMinutes042114"
 
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding Eugene Maker Space Wiki? Send feedback