Difference: EMSBoDMeetingMinutes021814 (6 vs. 7)

Revision 7
04 Mar 2014 - Main.ClifCox
Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="EmsMinutes"

EMS
Board of Directors
Meeting Minutes
Meeting date: 02/18/2014

Call to order:

A Regular meeting of the Board of directors of EMS, was held at 687 McKinley street, Suite #2, Eugene OR on Feb 18th, 2014. The meeting convened at 4:40PM, Weston Turner, presiding, and Clif Cox secretary.

Board Members in attendance: Clif, Weston, Darrell
Board Members not in attendance: Kassie

Quorum present? Yes

Also Present Were: Kyle Mullen

Approve agenda, and previous minutes.

Agenda:
  1. Approve the agenda
  2. Review previous meeting minutes
  3. Officers Reports
  4. Cleaning up member storage
  5. Cleanup Pick-a-Part
  6. Discuss AV budget
  7. Adding a new board member to replace James.
Approval of Agenda: Motion was made by Clif, and seconded by Darrell to approve this meeting's proposed agenda.

Unanimous approval.

Motion carried.

Approval of minutes: Motion was made by Darrell, and seconded by Weston to approve the minutes of the 1/13/14 meeting.

Unanimous approval.

Motion carried.

Approval of minutes: Motion was made by Clif , and seconded by Darrell to approve the minutes of the 1/28/14 meeting.

Unanimous approval.

Motion carried.

Note that Kyle Mullen joined us well before the meeting started and we talked a lot about his school and how we might collaborate, before and during the meeting.

Officer's reports:

Secretary

The Secretary notes that since it has been over a month since we changed the board meeting dates to the first and third Tuesdays of the month this is the first regular board meeting on our new schedule.

Treasurer

Our annual report to the state is on hold because the website is down but we will submit a paper report instead. Weston agreed to become our new registered agent. Who are the signers on the savings account and what is the progress on getting a checking? Darrell and Rick. No progress on checking we should do that.
Rick was going to find out if we paid first and last did we? Rick updated us with the fact that we have not paid a last month but we did pay a deposit.

Cleaning up member storage:

It's messy right now. Weston proposes putting everyones stuff into banker boxes. Also the random supplies in that area should find a new home. The intention is for these changes to happen during the next shop cleanup date, sometimes known as Hack Your Hackerspace!

Cleanup Pick-a-Part

Weston suggests to by shelving and tubs to help organize the pick a part area. Others want to save money and just use whatever can be found or donated. Though we all agree that we should make an effort to get it organized.

Discuss AV budget

Weston donated a nice computer and monitor for an AV. Would like EMS to buy a projector, It was agreed that we need one especially for classes. Minimum specs would be XVGA (1024x768) at 3000 Lumens, though we might do better than that if we can get a used projector on Ebay.

Adding a new board member to replace James.

Talked about the process of and who we would invite to fill the empty board seat.
Deleted:
<
<
 

Other topics of discussion:

We talked with Kyle from the AAA school about the possibility of collaboration, on classes and or space.

Action Items:

Kassie:
Weston:
  • put together a couple of possible AV packages with a projector and screen.
  • Ask potential new board members for serve once again.
Clif:
  • Get rid of calendar entries for old meeting dates. Done.
Darrell:
Blank:

Adjournment:

Weston moved for adjournment, Seconded by Darrell.

Unanimous, the meeting was adjourned at 5:53PM.

____________________________ ___________________
Secretary Date of approval
Eugene Maker Space

<--  
-->

META TOPICMOVED by="clif" date="1391620269" from="Sites.EMSBoDMeetingMinutes020414" to="Sites.EMSBoDMeetingMinutes021814"
 
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding Eugene Maker Space Wiki? Send feedback