Difference: EMSBoDMeetingMinutes011314 (1 vs. 6)

Revision 6
04 Feb 2014 - Main.ClifCox
Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="EmsMinutes"

EMS
Board of Directors
Meeting Minutes
Meeting date: 01/13/2014

Line: 103 to 103
 
Weston:
  • Get board members on our utils and other accounts
Changed:
<
<
  • Send out a prompt for the committee to beet the bushes for sponsor ship.
>
>
  • Send out a prompt for the committee to beat the bushes for sponsorship.
  Clif:
  • Continue to work on OpenERP
  • Look into onetime donations and the associated ongoing liabilities
Revision 5
22 Jan 2014 - Main.ClifCox
Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="EmsMinutes"

EMS
Board of Directors
Meeting Minutes
Meeting date: 01/13/2014

Line: 107 to 107
  Clif:
  • Continue to work on OpenERP
  • Look into onetime donations and the associated ongoing liabilities
Changed:
<
<
  • Look into moodel
  • Change policy for new meeting. Done.
  • Change calendar for BoD Meetings
  • Get everyone who wants to be on the Business and Space Planning committee mailing lists on the lists. Done.
>
>
  • Look into Moodel
  • Change policy for new meeting. Done.
  • Change calendar for BoD Meetings. Done.
  • Get everyone who wants to be on the Business and Space Planning committee mailing lists on the lists. Done.
  Darrell:
  • During the annual report, please update the registered agent to someone on the board. and any other corporation changes we need for just one fee.
  • Track our membership from month to month, this would be good data to be able to plot and show at annual meetings, and to simply get a sense of how we are doing when we get into a larger space.
Revision 4
18 Jan 2014 - Main.ClifCox
Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="EmsMinutes"

EMS
Board of Directors
Meeting Minutes
Meeting date: 01/13/2014

Line: 106 to 106
 
  • Send out a prompt for the committee to beet the bushes for sponsor ship.
Clif:
  • Continue to work on OpenERP
Changed:
<
<
  • Look and onetime donations and the associated ongoing liabilities
>
>
  • Look into onetime donations and the associated ongoing liabilities
 
  • Look into moodel
  • Change policy for new meeting. Done.
  • Change calendar for BoD Meetings
Line: 120 to 120
 
  • Find out what a W9 is and if we need one?
James:
Changed:
<
<
Unsigned:
>
>
Unassigned:
 
  • PO Box: in EMS's name, authorize at least one current board member to manage it
  • Comcast: in EMS's name, put at least one current board member on the account
  • Bank Account: in EMS's name, put at least TWO current board members on the account
Revision 3
15 Jan 2014 - Main.ClifCox
Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT
<-- -->
Sorted ascending
name="EmsMinutes"

EMS
Board of Directors
Meeting Minutes
Meeting date: 01/13/2014

Line: 38 to 38
 

Officer's reports:

Treasurer's:

Changed:
<
<
Rick kindly provided Darrell with the spread sheet for the bank account $3182.00 Darrell thinks wee have about 16 members.

Keven may have been giving members a longer grace period and so his numbers may have been higher.
>
>
Rick kindly provided Darrell with the spread sheet for the bank account showing a balance of $3182.00 with all our bills paid for the month. Right now we only have a savings account but we should qualify for a checking account now. Darrell thinks we have about 16 members though it could be that some just haven't gotten caught up on dues in awhile. Kevin may have been giving members a longer grace period and so his numbers may have been higher.
 

Secretary's:

The Secretary presented and read a waiver of notice of the meeting, signed by all the directors.
Changed:
<
<
Quick update on the Wilson space.
>
>
Quick update on the Wilson space.We are about ready to submit a new counter offer which our Realtor Suzanne is working on.
 

Resource Manager report:

Changed:
<
<
How is the new storage plan implementation coming along? none yet oops.
>
>
How is the new storage plan implementation coming along? none yet oops! wink
 

Discussion with previous board members to transfer knowledge:

  • Questions for Kevin, Who's name is the current lease in? Rick's.
Changed:
<
<
  • Whos name are the utils in?
>
>
  • Who's name are the utils in?
 
    • EWEB: EMS
    • Comcast:EMS
    • PO Box: EMS
Changed:
<
<
  • Is the lease or any of the utils on auto pay?
>
>
  • Is the lease or any of the utils on auto pay? Not that we know of.
 
  • Is anything in the bank account on auto pay? not that we know of
Changed:
<
<
  • Who's name is the bank account in? EMS biz savings account.
    • Who are the signers on the back account? RIck and Kevin.
    • How do we change them? Going with Rick to the branch.
  • Does Rick want to continue as the registered agent for EMS?
>
>
  • Who's name is the bank account in? EMS, and its a business savings account.
    • Who are the signers on the back account? Rick and Kevin.
    • How do we change them? Going with Rick to the branch with some ID.
 
  • We could have a checking account now Wo-hoo!
Added:
>
>
  • Does Rick want to continue as the registered agent for EMS?
    • No, but we should be able to change that when we submit our annual report.
 
  • Was their a Comcast BW issue and how was it resolved?
    • yes, it was dropping half the packets. If it still is a problem then open a ticket.
  • Could we transfer the domain name to the Org?Yes.
Deleted:
<
<
  • Rick would like change the registered against to someone else.
 
  • Do we really need to give 60 days notice? Yes..
    • Have we already paid first and last? TBD
Changed:
<
<
Mark DW posted a request if we had a W9. Not that we know of but we do have a EIN.

What is the monetary donation process?

Rick says there is a form on the website. Have the donor to send the donation to the SF with a hard copy of the form? Then Email a receipt to the donor.

Bob thinks that you don't need a receipt if it's under $250 but more info on the site

Weston had a question about what joint paperwork things we (EMS) were behind on.

[Subject title]

MOTION - XX moved, and XX Seconded that:

Unanimous approval.
>
>
  • Mark DW wanted to check if we had a W9. Not that we know of but we do have a EIN.
  • What is the monetary donation process?
    • Rick says there is a form on the website. Have the donor send the donation to the SF with a hard copy of the form. Then Email a receipt to the donor.
    • Bob thinks that you don't need a receipt if it's under $250 but more info on the site.
  • Weston had a question about what joint paperwork with the School Factory we (EMS) were behind on.
 

Mini Report on the last space committee meeting:

Changed:
<
<
Had a pretty good turnout, Weston said that when he saw the Wilson space he liked it but it gave him great apprehensive about the financial liability. So a lot of the agenda in his mind was to work on more ways to ramp up our revenue (an ongoing theme) get the stakeholders involved go over the proposed revenues (worst case scenario) then talk seriously about grants and sponsorships.
>
>
We had a pretty good turnout, Weston said that when he saw the Wilson space he liked it but it gave him great apprehensive about the financial liability. So a lot of the agenda in his mind was to work on more ways to ramp up our revenue (an ongoing theme), get the stakeholders involved go over the proposed revenues (worst case scenario), and then talk seriously about grants and sponsorships.
 

Acton items from that meeting and progress report on them:

Changed:
<
<

James is learning from his biz friends what they want to hear. and how to approach them for donations

Weston is working on getting money from his employer also.

Others should do the same.

Should one of us send out a prompt for the committee to beet the bushes for sponsorship.

Come up with a nice bullet list that we can all share when approaching new donors.
>
>
  • James is learning from his biz friends what they want to hear. and how to approach them for donations.
  • Weston is working on getting money from his employer also.
  • Others should do the same.
  • Should one of us send out a prompt for the committee to beat the bushes for sponsorship?
  • Come up with a nice bullet list that we can all share when approaching new donors.
 

Report on todays city planner meeting:

Changed:
<
<
Clif talked about todays city planners meeting w.r.t. the Wilson space. Looks good, maybe eventually we might need a dust collection system.
>
>
Clif talked about todays city planners meeting w.r.t. the Wilson space. Looks good, maybe eventually we might need a dust collection system. Eventually we will have to craft a narrative of who we are and what we do for the City Planning Office, and also create a floor plan for the new space (a task for the Space Planning Committee).
 

More talk on revenue and moving to a new space:

Changed:
<
<
We seem to have already covered most of these items. What classes can be started now? Kassie, talked about these things wanted to know what the expectations were. where was I in getting OpenERP set up.etc... Darrel we could handle small classes right now manually.

Try to find something like moodel that will help run online or partially online.

Some ways of accepting money is event brite, paypal, Dwalla, Authorizer.net
>
>
We seem to have already covered most of these items. What classes can be started now? Kassie, talked about these things wanted to know what the expectations were. where we in getting OpenERP set up.etc... Darrel said we could handle small classes right now manually. Try to find something like moodel that will help run classes online or partially online. Some services for accepting money online are Eventbrite, Paypal, Dwalla, Authorizer.net.
 

Changing BOD meetings from Wednesdays to Mondays:

Changed:
<
<
[Subject title]
>
>
After some discussion it was decided that moving them to an earlier time on Tuesdays would probably be better.
 

MOTION - Darrell moved, and James Seconded that: We change the regular board meetings from Wednesdays to the first and third Tuesdays of the month startting 4:00PM.

Unanimous approval.
Changed:
<
<
Motion Carrie

Other topics of discussion:

>
>
Motion Carried
 

Action Items:

Rick
Line: 132 to 110
 
  • Look into moodel
  • Change policy for new meeting. Done.
  • Change calendar for BoD Meetings
Added:
>
>
  • Get everyone who wants to be on the Business and Space Planning committee mailing lists on the lists. Done.
  Darrell:
  • During the annual report, please update the registered agent to someone on the board. and any other corporation changes we need for just one fee.
Added:
>
>
  • Track our membership from month to month, this would be good data to be able to plot and show at annual meetings, and to simply get a sense of how we are doing when we get into a larger space.
  • Prepare two reports: a public report with simplified and anonymous membership data, and a private (board's eyes only) report with names and standing.
  • If members leave, we should follow up with them to understand why they left, i.e., where did we not meet their needs, etc.. This data would help us understand how to better retain members.
  • Open a checking account with our bank.
 
  • Find out what a W9 is and if we need one?
James:
Added:
>
>
Unsigned:
  • PO Box: in EMS's name, authorize at least one current board member to manage it
  • Comcast: in EMS's name, put at least one current board member on the account
  • Bank Account: in EMS's name, put at least TWO current board members on the account
  • EWEB: in EMS's name, put at least one current board member on the account
  • Work on getting the domain name into EMS name with a couple of role based email addresses to manage it.
  • Current lease: in Rick's name, not that important because we are moving
  • Craft a narrative of who we are and what we do for the City Planning Office.
  • Create a floor plan for the new space (first task for the Space Planning Committee).
 

Announcements:

The next board meeting will be a special one on Tuesday the 28th.
Revision 2
14 Jan 2014 - Main.ClifCox
Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="EmsMinutes"

EMS
Board of Directors
Meeting Minutes
Meeting date: 01/13/2014

Call to order:

Changed:
<
<
A Regular meeting of the Board of directors of EMS, was held at 687 McKinley street, Suite #2, Eugene OR on Jan, 13th 2014. The meeting convened at 6:31PM, Weston Turner, presiding, and Clif Cox secretary.
>
>
A Special meeting of the Board of directors of EMS, was held at 687 McKinley street, Suite #2, Eugene OR on Jan, 13th 2014. The meeting convened at 6:31PM, Weston Turner, presiding, and Clif Cox secretary.
 

Board Members in attendance: all
Board Members not in attendance: none
 
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding Eugene Maker Space Wiki? Send feedback