Eugene Makers Space Policy Document
Board of Directors
Regularly schedualed meetings of the BOD will be every Monday at....
The annual election of the EMS Board of Directors shell be on the last Thursday of February, and 30 days notice of the time, place, and complete list of all items to be voted on shall be sent to the general membership through postal mail to the last known address of each member in good standing.
Board Member Qualifications
Candidates for the Board of Directors must be dues-paid members in good standing with the GD, and except for the first BOD, must have remained an active member for at least 3 consecutive months preceding the election.
Each board member bust be present at regular board meetings. Failure to provide a reasonable explanation for more than one absence in a year will qualify as a breach of the GD and may result in the removal from the BOD as described elsewhere in the GD.
Submitting issues to the general membership for a vote
The BOD may from time to time submit issues to the general membership for a vote at one of their regularly scheduled or other meetings. Five (5) days notice must be given in one of the common EMS communications channels, such as email or the website. A simple majority of the general members in attendance shall decide the issue(s). If 5 days notice can not be given then the issue(s) can be decided by a majority of the total number of general members at an official meeting.
- All expenses of $50 or over must be approved by the BOD.
- All monetary expenditures provisioned by EMS's treasury will require signatures from at least two officers of the board for approval.
To Qualify as a potential EMS member you must:
- be 18 or over or have your parent or gardian sign up with you.
- Sign the Organization’s Waiver of Liability.
- Monthly dues for basic membership in EMS shall be set at $25, to be paid at the beginning of each month that membership is to be recognized.
The General membership shall meet on....
Petition to vote on an issue
The general membership may circulate a petition to put issues up for a vote at a membership meeting. There must be at least ten days notice before the given meeting of the issues to be voted on. A valid notice shall be communicated through one of the EMS common communication channels. Such as but not limited to: Members email list, postal mail, main website.
Termination or Suspension of Membership - Procedure
If grounds appear to exist for suspending or terminating a member under Sections _ and _
of these bylaws, the following procedure shall be followed:
- (a) The board shall give the member at least 15 days' prior notice of the proposed suspension or termination and the reasons for the proposed suspension or termination. Notice shall be given by any method reasonably calculated to provide actual notice. Notice given by mail shall be sent by first-class or registered mail to the member's last address as shown on the corporation's records.
- (b) The member shall be given an opportunity to be heard, either orally or in writing, at least five days before the effective date of the proposed suspension or termination. The hearing shall be held, or the written statement considered, by the board or by a committee or person authorized by the board to determine whether the suspension or termination should occur.
- (c) The board, committee, or person shall decide whether a member should be suspended, expelled, or sanctioned in any way. The decision of the board, committee, or person shall be final.
- (d) Any action challenging an expulsion, suspension, or termination of membership, including a claim alleging defective notice, must be commenced within one year after the date of the expulsion, suspension, or termination.