(In no particular order, see Navigation for how we might present, link and organize them) Status: merely my (Sam's) proposal. Edit at will.
- EMS in a nutshell - keep it brief and visual.
- Call out how to find us, contact us, upcoming events
- Recent posts list
- Brief mission statement, concise description of the space and organization, what we offer
- EMS in the press, event write ups, etc. "testimonials"
- Cross-link contact/find us details
- Press/Media Resources
- About the space: resources, equipment, logistics
- (call to action - how to find out more, get involved, help out)
- twitter, facebook, g+, IRC,
- Mailing list,
- phone, board email,
- space address,
- maps and directions
- Membership details - levels of membership, how to join
- Join our community. Sign up for newletter, join active discussion in the mailing list, drop by on one of our open hack nights
- Open hack nights
- (call to action - how to join, sign up for newsletter, check upcoming events)
Support Us/Help Wanted (under Get Involved?)
- How can you help EMS?
- Mentors wanted: classes, informal instruction
- Volunteering: tasks we would appreciate help with
- Stuff: donating unwanted tools, materials, devices: what we like, (and where to take stuff we dont want), who and how to contact us regarding donations
- Paypal, tipjoy etc. donations
- Amazon affiliate? Other referral schemes
- Sponsorship opportunities: Funding drives for x, y, z
- "Friend of EMS" donor (for one-off and regular donations)
Friends of EMS (possibly under About Us)
- List out sponsors, any preferred vendors, partner/sister organizations like Mecca, Thinkersmith, Science Factory
- (call to action - how to get yourself listed here - link to contact/sponsorship page)
- (also plug the newsletter for people that might want to consider sponsoring us later)
Blog (what to call this, its EMS news, projects, announcements, etc.)
- Chronological listing of posts, truncated with permalinks to full post
- Galleries/Youtube etc. links
We should have a persistent top navigation bar that is present on all pages, as well as a footer bar for meta info, login and other member and admin links
Status: merely my (Sam's) proposal. Edit at will. Names/labels are WIP and placeholder. We can bike-shed about this at our leisure. Note that we should try and keep existing URLs mapping to an equivalent page where it makes sense - the actual URLs should change rarely and only when necessary.
Top, Global Navigation
- About Us
- Get Involved
We might want to do a tooltip or sub-navigation thing to help people discover sub-sections and pages. Also, lets cross-link liberally in the text of each page where appropriate.
- Copyright info
- Social links, Newsletter signup
- Contact Us - once more for the hell of it
- Login, Site Admin Links (conditional on login)
Some pages will need a block of contextual links in a sidebar. For the blog it will be categories and recent/related posts. Where we've broken out a page/topic into sub-pages, we'll list and link those. Note that wordpress might struggle to deal with one page being a sub-page of more than one other page.. so perhaps a related-to relationship is a better way of modelling it. Or we could have "sub-pages" and "related pages" in a sidebar.