Board of Directors
Meeting date: 12/11/2013
Call to order:
A Special meeting of the Board of directors of EMS, was held at 687 McKinley street, Suite #2, Eugene OR on Dec 11th, 2013. The meeting convened at 7:19pm, Weston Turner, presiding, and Clif Cox as acting secretary.
This is the first meeting of the newly elected board following the annual meeting.
Board Members in attendance:
Clif Cox, Darrell Perko, Weston Turner, James Hukill, and Kassandra Kaplan.Board Members not in attendance:
Also Present Were:
Michelle, and Bob
Weston acted is Chairman and Clif was appointed Secretary for the meeting.
The Chairman called the meeting to order.
Approve agenda, and previous minutes.
Approval of Agenda :
- Approve the agenda
- Review previous regular meeting minutes
- Confirm new board members
- Elect Officers
- Officers Reports
- Secretary's Report
- Kassie talks about classes
- Status on new space proposal.
- Discuss space committee formation
- Discuss Jason Petorak's membership
Motion was made by Clif , and seconded by Kassie to approve the agenda as read.
Approval of minutes:
Motion was made by Darrell , and seconded by James to approve the minutes of the 12/04/13
Confirm new board members:
After some discussion it was RESOLVED that the following directors, elected at the 2013 EMS annual meeting, were found in all respects nominated, ratified, and confirmed.
- Clif Cox
- Kassandra Kaplan
- James Hukill
- Darrel Perko
- Weston Turner
Upon Further discussion the following officers were elected to fill vacancies:
- James moved, and Darrel seconded that Weston fill the Office of President
- Clif moved, and James seconded that Darrel be our new Treasurer.
- Weston moved, and Kassie seconded that Clif continue to be our Secretary.
- Weston moved, and Darrell seconded that Kassie continue to be our Facilities Manager.
- Clif moved, and Darrel seconded that James be our new Marketing and PR Director.
The Secretary presented and read a waiver of notice of the meeting, signed by all the directors.
Kassie talks about classes
The Facilities manager talked about resources and classes. Class development -- When we move to a new space, we will start classes and hopefully that will bring in lots of income
Kassie brought the new board members up to speed on the classes business plan, and how we may do outreach or advertising.
Status on new space proposal:
Clif gave a quick update on the Wilson space. They accepted our proposal, and we are waiting for some more info on the utilities so we can proceed on drawing up the lease. We probably need a few more space committee members before we pull the trigger.
Discuss space committee formation:
Bob left at 8:20pm
Looks like the biz income committee is prioritized to start first and after we pull the trigger then the logistics committee will take off.
Weston will be chair, Clif, Kassie, and others have joined. Darrell will be on both.
Discuss Jason Petorak's membership:
- James moved, and Kassie seconded that we accept Petoraks discounted membership application.
- Create committee(s) mailing list(s), and track down who has already joined.
- Set up new accounting system.
- Work with Bob to implementing the new storage plan.
- Do Doodle for new meeting times.
- Meet with Kevin to transfer treasures responsibilities.
- Announce to discuss that we are looking for more biz committee members.
Kassie moved for adjournment, Seconded by Weston.
Unanimous, the meeting was adjourned at8:46 PM
Secretary Date of approval
Eugene Maker Space