EMS
Board of Directors
Meeting Minutes
Meeting date: 12/05/2015

Call to order:

A Regular meeting of the Board of directors of EMS, was held via Google Hangout on December 5, 2015. The meeting convened at 6:10PM, Ben Hallert as secretary.

Board Members in attendance: Bob, Ben, Kass, Darrell
Board Members not in attendance: Rick

Quorum present? Yes

Also Present Were: Clif

Approve agenda, and previous minutes.

Agenda:
  1. Approve the agenda
  2. Review previous meeting minutes
  3. Officer's reports
    Old business
  4. Rick will notify the members about the election and ballot
  5. Ben will start a mail thread related to collecting links to send
  6. Ben will seek out community calendars to set up recurring EMS events
    New business
  7. Election
  8. Update on LCC
Approval of Agenda: Motion was made by Ben and seconded by Darrell to approve this meeting's proposed agenda as amended.

The Motion carried with unanimous approval.

Approval of minutes: Motion was made by Darrell and seconded by Ben to approve the minutes of the 11/05/2015 meeting.

The Motion carried with unanimous approval.

Officer's reports:

Treasurer

We have one. Roughly same as last time. $1900, 17 members (14 eligible to vote)

Facilities

Disaster! Red Bull shooting gallery has returned. Woe is Bob! Trash level is pretty high.

ACTION: Ben to organize cleanup for Saturday the 12th

Old business:

Rick will notify the members about the election and ballot.

- Done. Rick informed the electorate in a manner commensurate with his position.

Ben will start a mail thread related to collecting links to send

- Done. Ben started the thread and fired off a couple ideas to get things started. The thread has since begun pining for the fjords.

ACTION: Ben to reactivate thread

Ben will seek out community calendars to set up recurring EMS events

- Done. Ben has created a recurring event at the Eugene Weekly and will add more community calendars as inspiration and effort strike.

New business:

Election

  • Annual meeting is scheduled for Saturday, Dec 3
  • Michelle Kaplan will receive a ballot, she was left off ballot
ACTION: Clif will be sending a ballot to Michelle.

Update on LCC

  • Clif has been corresponding with Pete Sorenson (County Commissioner)
  • Trying to schedule a meeting with the president of LCC.
  • Another group is interested in the Downtown Center for public/community use, we should talk to them
  • LCC has a grant writer (Cathy Thomas) who may be of help in coordinating grant-funded improvements in making the space.
  • 65,000^2 ft, there should be room for multiple groups to cohabitate
  • Clif is cautiously optimistic that the space may be usable and hopes a sliding scale rent will be available.

Action Items:

Kassie:
Rick:
Bob:
Darrell:
Ben:
  • Ben to organize cleanup for Saturday the 12th
  • Ben to reactivate scheduled posting ideas thread
Clif:

  • Clif will be sending a ballot to Michelle.

Adjournment:

Ben moved for adjournment and was seconded by Bob.

The vote was unanimous and the meeting was adjourned at 6:29 PM.

____________________________ ___________________
Secretary Date of approval
Eugene Maker Space

Topic revision: r1 - 17 Dec 2015, BenH
 

This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding Foswiki? Send feedback