Board of Directors
Meeting date: 12/04/2013
Call to order:
A Regular meeting of the Board of directors of EMS, was held at 687 McKinley street, Suite #2, Eugene OR on Dec 4th , 2013. The meeting convened at 6:22 PM, Rick Osgood, presiding, and Clif Cox secretary.
Board Members in attendance:
Rick, Clif, Bob, Kevin
Board Members not in attendance:
Also Present Were:
Approve agenda, and previous minutes.
Approval of Agenda:
- Approve the agenda
- Review previous meeting minutes
- Treasures report
- Vote on Ellery's key
- New space location discussion
- Should we Write a bisness plan before preceding?
- Talk about Drawing up the lease.
- Disscuss our descission date.
- Discussion on voting requiremets
Motion was made by Rick, and seconded by Clif to approve this meeting's proposed agenda (as amended?)
Approval of minutes:
Motion was made by Rick , and seconded by Bob to approve the minutes as amended of the 11/20/13
Kevin has vetted all the voters, and has changed how he interpreted payments from members to apply to the next month.if they pay late in the month. Taxes for 2012 will be submitting very shortly.
Vote on Ellery's key access:
Brief disscussion about Ellery's key access. Sponsors are RIck, Bob, Kassie, Clif, Kevin
- Bob moved, and Rick Seconded that: Ellery gets a key
New space location discussion
Rick made a wiki page to pull together all the ideas from verious business plans, and to outline the steps we would take to impliment them. We would feel much better about moving int to a bulding if we had an action plan. We should have a moving commitee or two before we jump on the new space. We need to get people signed up to teach classes, likewise we need groups signed up to use our meeting room.
Should we Write a bisseness plan before preceding?
We should deffinitly start one and not sign the lease unless a commtee is activaly working on it.
Talk about Drawing up the lease.
- first right of refusal for adjoining space.
- in EMS name.
- Don't make too many changes.
- No wall unless another group rents it.
- Faverabe termination clause
Discuss our decision date.
We need the utility bills first then wait for the new board to conviean and have a super board.
Discussion on voting requirements
we vote on a rule
- Kevin moved, and Rick Seconded that: for future years members need to be in good standing for the 60 day period prior to the annual meeting date.
Unanimous approval.Kevin Rick CLif, Bobs abstain
Motion Carried / Failed.
Other topics of discussion:
- Email to discuss about commitee(s) members.
- Fix All typeo on prev minutes
Bob moved for adjournment, Seconded by Kevin.
Unanimous, the meeting was adjourned at 7:36PM.
Secretary Date of approval
Eugene Maker Space