Board of Directors
Meeting date: 12/04/2013
Call to order:
A Regular meeting of the Board of directors of EMS, was held at 687 McKinley street, Suite #2, Eugene OR on Dec 4th , 2013. The meeting convened at 6:22 PM, Rick Osgood, presiding, and Clif Cox secretary.
Board Members in attendance:
Rick, Clif, Bob, Kevin
Board Members not in attendance:
Also Present Were:
Approve agenda, and previous minutes.
Approval of Agenda:
- Approve the agenda
- Review previous meeting minutes
- Treasure's Report
- Vote on Ellery's key access
- New space location discussion
- Should we write a business plan before preceding?
- Talk about Drawing up the lease.
- Discuss decision date.
- Discussion on voting requirements
Motion was made by Rick, and seconded by Clif to approve this meeting's proposed agenda as amended.
Approval of minutes:
Motion was made by Rick , and seconded by Bob to approve the minutes as amended of the 11/20/13
Kevin has vetted all the voters, and has changed how he interpreted payments from members to apply to the next month.if they pay late in the month. Taxes for 2012 will be submitted very shortly.
Vote on Ellery's key access:
Brief discussion about Ellery's key access. Sponsors are Rick, Bob, Kassie, Clif, Kevin.
- Bob moved, and Rick Seconded that: Ellery gets a key
New space location discussion:
Rick made a wiki page to pull together all the ideas from various business plans, and to outline the steps we would take to implement them. We would feel much better about moving int to a building if we had an action plan. We should have a moving committee or two before we jump on the new space. We need to get people signed up to teach classes, likewise we need groups signed up to use our meeting room.
Should we write a business plan before preceding?
We should definitely start one and not sign the lease unless a committee is actively working on it.
Talk about Drawing up the lease:
What would we want in our lease? We made a short list:
- First right of refusal for renting adjoining space.
- Fix the minor maintenance issues.
- Put it in EMS name.
- Don't make too many changes to what the owner already agreed to.
- Don't partition it unless another group rents it.
- Include a favorable termination clause.
Discuss our decision date.
We need the utility bills first then wait for the new board to convene, perhaps with the old board there to help out.
Discussion on voting requirements
We felt like we should make some adjustments to the annual meeting voting requirements for next year. Some felt that the conditions set for board candidates to qualify were too complicated for general members, so we needed make a simpler version for them.
- Kevin moved, and Rick Seconded that: for future years members need to be in good standing for the 60 day period prior to the annual meeting date.
Ayes, Kevin Rick Clif, Bob abstains
- Email to discuss about committee(s) members.
- Fix board members "All" typo on previous minutes
- Update Members voting qualifications.
Bob moved for adjournment, Seconded by Kevin.
Unanimous, the meeting was adjourned at 7:36PM.
Secretary Date of approval
Eugene Maker Space