Board of Directors
Meeting date: 11/20/2013
Call to order:
A Regular meeting of the Board of directors of EMS, was held at 687 McKinley street, Suite #2, Eugene OR on Nov 20th, 2013. The meeting convened at 6:15 PM, Rick Osgood, presiding, and Clif Cox secretary.
Board Members in attendance:
Board Members not in attendance:
Also Present Were:
Ben, kids, Mechelle.
Approve agenda, and previous minutes.
Approval of Agenda:
- Approve the agenda
- Review previous meeting minutes
- Space search report
- Report on AAA
- Discussion on setting pass threshold for raising the dues.
Motion was made by Clif, and seconded by Rick to approve this meeting's proposed agenda (as amended?)
Approval of minutes:
Motion was made by Bob , and seconded by Rick to approve the minutes (as amended) of the 11/6/2013
Talk about Wilson space. We are still waiting for responses to our LOIs on Next step, and 1010 Tyinn. Plan a trip to Wilson for members to check it out.
There is a person wanting to do robotics and CS in his school academy of arts and academics in Springfield, they would like to work with us to mentor this / these student(s). Open questions; would there be revenue sharing? It is an awesome idea. It would look great for our PR.
Discussion on threshold to pass a dues increase.
Some discussion, looks like we will stay at 75%.
- Kassie moved, and Rick Seconded that:The Family discount be amended to remove the requirement for a minor, and the the it be reworded to refer to full and half price memberships.
- Keep working with AAA to iron out the details of our collaboration.
- Advertise our new family discount!
- Announce 6PM 26th Get ready for the opening of the Polls
- Update family plan in policy document.
- Amend last meeting minutes to include Kevin in LOI vote.
Rick moved for adjournment, Seconded by Bob.
Unanimous, the meeting was adjourned at 19:23 PM.
Secretary Date of approval
Eugene Maker Space