Board of Directors
Meeting date: 11/06/2013
Call to order:
A Regular meeting of the Board of directors of EMS, was held at 687 McKinley street, Suite #2, Eugene OR on Nov 6th, 2013. The meeting convened at 6:09PM, Rick Osgood, presiding, and Clif Cox secretary.
Board Members in attendance:
Board Members not in attendance:
Also Present Were:
Approve agenda, and previous minutes.
Approval of Agenda:
- Approve the agenda
- Review previous regular meeting minutes
- Review previous special meeting minutes
- Treasurer's Report
- Ongoing Space Search Report
- Discuss new LOI's
- Discuss New Storage Proposal
- Discuss Seminar contracts.
- Discus the sewing group joining us.
- Discus annual election preparations
- Pumpkin Chunkin Recap
Motion was made by Rick, and seconded by Clif to approve this meeting's proposed agenda (as amended?)
Approval of minutes:
Motion was made by Rick, and seconded by Kevin to approve the minutes of the 10/02/13
Approval of minutes:
Motion was made by Bob, and seconded by Rick to approve the minutes of the 10/24/13
Board and committee reports:
- Whatever our latest numbers were we just got three new members.
- Still waiting for our latest donation to be processed by the School factory. Jan there she will resend by registered mail.
- PO Box fee is due.
Were materials distributed at the meeting? If so, are copies or a link available?
Secretary (Ongoing Space Search Report)
Still looking... talked about the three top spaces and why I picked them. Also mentioned the next in line, eg Wallis, and Grant.
Kevin would like to offer not over $1200 for the second space at 1010 Tyinn. For the TBD space next to NEXT Step we would like to offer about 35c / sqft?
For 584 Wilson offer 1400, ie. no changes.
- Rick moved, and Clif Seconded that we send all the LOIs with minor corrections, and authorize Clif to sign them on behalf of EMS.
Ayes 2 Nays 1, and Kassie abstains.
Discuss New Storage Proposal
Rick left at 7:30PM to go back to work.
- Bob moved, and Kassie Seconded that: We pass Bob's New storage proposal as amended; a general board override clause, any complaints can be taken up with the facilities manager, and takes effect Jan 1stn 2014., on to the members to be voted on the annual meeting.
Unanimous approval. Sans Rick
Kassie presented a couple of very nice contracts for seminars. One for the instructors and one for students. She handed out.
- Clif moved, and Bob Seconded that: We adopt Kassie's seminar contracts with minor changes as our initial seminar structure.
Discuss sewing group
lots of talk and we're cautiously optimistic.we will invite Marie.
Preparations for annual meeting:
announce the nominees and bobs proposal. talk about the voting process.
- Bob moved, and Kassie Seconded that:We add a ballot measure to increase the dues with an option to pay no less than $25 / mo. The choices would be $25, $30, $35, and $40. The quota of yes votes to pass would be at least 75%.If passed it would go into affect Jan 1st.
- Clean up Seminar contracts a bit
- Clean up LOI's and check back with rest of Board
- Clean up new space proposal a bit
- Figure out who the members in good standing are.
Bob moved for adjournment, Seconded by Clif.
Unanimous, the meeting was adjourned at 21:21PM.
Secretary Date of approval
Eugene Maker Space