EMS
Board of Directors
Meeting Minutes
Meeting date: 11/05/2015


Call to order:

A Regular meeting of the Board of directors of EMS, was held at https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/g4fqvksfrwxoodrj3gkn22ei64a on November 5, 2015. The meeting convened at 6:02PM, Rick Osgood presiding and Ben Hallert secretary.

Board Members in attendance: Rick, Bob, Ben, Kass, Darrell
Board Members not in attendance: none

Quorum present? Yes

Also Present Were: Piotr, Clif, Jeffrey

Approve agenda, and previous minutes.

Agenda:
  1. Approve the agenda
  2. Review previous meeting minutes
  3. Officer's reports
  4. Kassandra will mail classroom forms to the board
  5. Pumpkin Chunkin' report
  6. Rick to investigate post-scheduling
  7. Board report on EugeneSpaceMaker meeting.
  8. Kassie to report on 3d printer purchase research
  9. Rick to write up fundraising targets for KayDee to pursue
  10. Ben to assist with new site
  11. Ben to populate community calendars and set up recurring EMS events
  12. Election ballot and announcement
    New Business
  13. Report on meeting with Mayor (we can do this first)
  14. Vote on moving the mill
Approval of Agenda: Motion was made by Rick and seconded by Darrell to approve this meeting's proposed agenda as amended

The Motion carried with unanimous approval.

Approval of minutes: Motion was made by Bob and seconded by Darrell to approve the minutes of the previous meeting.

The Motion carried with unanimous approval.

Officer's reports:

Treasurer

Darrell reports that the financial status of the organization remains roughly unchanged with approximately $2k in the bank.

Facilities

Bob has no news other than apparently we're getting in a CNC mill in the future.

Old business:

Kassandra will mail classroom forms to the board

- She doesn't have them in digital form yet. She will work to get them online.

- Webforms? She has rich text to fill out right now.
- She described some ideas about using CMS.
- Rick asked for the RTFs now and then go with the tech answer in the future.

Pumpkin Chunkin' report

- It went well. Could have had a bigger turnout maybe.
- We need better advertising
- Possibly host events at the space next year to build both attendance and participation

Rick to investigate post-scheduling

- Doesn't know what he would be scheduling

ACTION: Ben will start a mail thread related to collecting links to send

Kassie to report on 3d printer purchase research

- Kassie reported on various printers (including the HobbyKing printer)
- Her recommendation is an i3 printer. Bob asked how we pick one.
- She will send some ideas to the board.

Rick to write up fundraising targets for KayDee to pursue

- He provided a list to her.

Ben to assist with new site

- Mail clif about new instance

Ben to populate community calendars and set up recurring EMS events

ACTION: Ben will seek out community calendars to set up recurring EMS events

Election ballot and announcement

ACTION: Rick will notify the members about the election and ballot.

New business:

Report on meeting with Mayor

- Piotr & Clif & Ben reported
- Clif was referred to someone at LCC and reached out.
- Rick suggested we reach out to RAIN instead of mayor
- Rick discussed possibility of dissolving EMS into RAIN then running it internally
- Piotr mentioned that someone came in looking to print something but the machines were broken
- Jeffrey described that we needed a phase converter for his mill. 40 amps
- Fertilab space is being emptied by the 23rd. Jeffrey will start moving things out this weekend.
- Kassie mentioned she's planning on doing an Inkscape class during conversation about bottle openers
- There was a conversation about how to move equipment around for the Bridgeport
- Rick did a check to see if there were any objections, none indicated.
- Rick requested Clif show us the proposal, he will make it available for the board to review.

Vote on moving the mill

There was an informal vote in unanimous favor of assisting in any way to make space available for Jeffrey's mill.

Action Items:

Kassie:
Rick:
  • Rick will notify the members about the election and ballot.
Bob:
Darrell:
Ben:
  • Ben will start a mail thread related to collecting links to send
  • Ben will seek out community calendars to set up recurring EMS events

Adjournment:

Bob moved for adjournment and was seconded by Rick.

The vote was unanimous and the meeting was adjourned at 7:49PM.

____________________________ ___________________
Secretary Date of approval
Eugene Maker Space

<!--
* Set ALLOWTOPICCHANGE = EmsGDGroup
* Set ALLOWTOPICRENAME = EmsGDGroup
-->
Topic revision: r2 - 04 Dec 2015, BenH
 

This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding Foswiki? Send feedback