EMS
Board of Directors
Meeting Minutes
Meeting date: 9/19/2016

Call to order:

A Regular meeting of the Board of directors of EMS, was held at the shop. The meeting convened at 5:30 PM, Clif presiding and Ben Hallert secretary.

Board Members in attendance: Kass, Clif, Darrell, Ben

Board Members not in attendance:

Quorum present?

Also Present Were: Tanda

Approve agenda, and previous minutes.

Agenda:
  1. Approve the agenda
  2. Approve previous meeting minutes
  3. President's report
  4. Secretary report
  5. Treasurer's report
    Old Business
  6. Laser Cutter status
    New Business
  7. Shall we attend the UofO open house on Oct 5th?
  8. Pumpkin Chunkin contest preparations and coordination with TSF
  9. Ideas for our next EMS open house?
  10. Messaging on shop cleanliness going forward
  11. EMS Restructuring Proposal
Approval of Agenda: Motion was made by Clif and seconded by Darrell to approve this meeting's proposed agenda as amended

The Motion carried with unanimous approval.

Approval of minutes: Motion was made by Kass and seconded by Clif to approve the minutes of the 8/4/2016 meeting as amended.

The Motion carried with unanimous approval.

Officer's reports:

President's report

We had a major shop cleanup. It looks great. Clif recognized the hard work Tanda has put into getting the Smithy and general cleanup. Clif reported that a reporter was interested in interviewing members of the Maker Space.

Secretary's report

NOTHING

Treasurer's report

We have 20 solid members and a couple of new members. We have roughly $750 in the account. Darrell reported on a new tax burden related to equipment.

ACTION: Darrell will provide an updated membership roster.

Old Business

Laser Cutter status

Dale needs a computer for the laser table. Rick has one to donate, the two will coordinate and move forward.

New Business:

Shall we attend the UofO open house on Oct 5th?

Tom says we missed the last one. It would require we organize and register for a table that has an interactive project that people could come up to and play with. For examples, Clif mentioned Rick's past air-rocket demonstrations. Tanda noted that the target audience is current College students so the display would need to cater to that. Ben suggested a display based around pumpkin chunkin. Table-top siege weapons chucking peanuts or something for the interactive component?

ACTION: Clif will reach out to Dean Walton.

Pumpkin Chunkin contest preparations and coordination with TSF

They want our space to be a space where people can come work on their devices or get advice. Kass suggests we create a mailing list to put people on so we can foster an online community that gets people talking. The Science Factory will advertise the event and us as a resource and we will further reach out to our own circles. The event is November 5th at 12:00. The setup period is 8:30-11:30.

Tanda mentioned that BRING is interested in supporting the shop via credits and suggested the Pumpkin Chunkin' event might be a great time for this. Making supplies available to builder teams.

ACTION: Clif will create a mailing list.

ACTION: Kass and Ben will: Advertise the new discuss list and post the call for sponsorships.

Ideas for our next EMS open house?

Looks like January/February is the most likely time.

Ideas brainstorming:
"Making awesome tools to make awesome things" - Darrell

The standup EMS logos project from previous open house - Kass & Clif

Board elections are beginning of December. It will be fun to drop this into the lap of the new board, everyone found this idea very pleasing.

Messaging on shop cleanliness going forward

Clif would like to message further on communicating expectations of what the expectations are for leaving the place clean and recycling/hauling off garbage.

ACTION: Ben will re-send the cleanup messager he sent to Clif and Clif will decide if he wants to add anything.

EMS Restructuring Proposal

Kass described some high level ideas on helping address some issues in the shop, we'll do a more indepth review en camera.

Action Items:

Kassie:
  • Kass and Ben will: Advertise the new discuss list and post the call for sponsorships.
Clif:
  • Clif will create a mailing list for the pumpkin chunkin' teams
Darrell:
  • Darrell will provide an updated membership roster.
Ben:
  • Kass and Ben will: Advertise the new discuss list and post the call for sponsorships.
  • Ben will re-send the cleanup messager he sent to Clif and Clif will decide if he wants to add anything.

Adjournment:

Ben moved for adjournment and was seconded by Clif.

The vote was unanimous and the meeting was adjourned a 6:24PM.

____________________________ ___________________
Secretary Date of approval
Eugene Maker Space

Topic revision: r3 - 21 Sep 2016, ClifCox
 

This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding Foswiki? Send feedback