EMS
Board of Directors
Meeting Minutes
Meeting date: 9/17/2015

Call to order:

A Regular meeting of the Board of directors of EMS, was held at 687 McKinley street, Suite #2, Eugene OR on September 17th, 2015. The meeting convened at 6:06 PM, Rick Osgood presiding and Ben Hallert secretary.

Board Members in attendance: Bob, Ben, Darrell
Board Members not in attendance: Kassandra, Rick

Quorum present? Provisional

Also Present Were: CJ

Approve agenda, and previous minutes.

Agenda:
  1. Approve the agenda
  2. Review previous meeting minutes
  3. Treasurer Report
  4. Facilities Report
  5. Rick will reach out to Taper about the Vinyl cutter
  6. Rick will mail Bob assenting to new lease
  7. Rick will send out a reminder about the pumpkin event and push back the deadline slightly
  8. Rick will film an equipment tutorial for the documentation project
  9. Kassandra will put together a class and fill out the forms
  10. We need to engage eugenespacemakers
  11. Malware on server
Approval of Agenda: Motion was made by Darrell and seconded by Bob to approve this meeting's proposed agenda.

The Motion carried with unanimous approval.

Approval of minutes: Motion was made by Bob and seconded by Darrell to approve the minutes of the 7/16 meeting.

The Motion carried with unanimous approval.

Officer's reports:

Treasurer

Roughly the same as before, no update.

Facilities

No news nor 'anything funny to say' per Bob

Old business:

Rick will reach out to Taper about the Vinyl cutter

Bob saw Taper poking at the vinyl cutter last tuesday night. CJ: He got it working, one of the problems for Macs is that the software is expensive. What about Inkscape?

Rick will mail Bob assenting to new lease

He did and Bob signed the lease and sent it in. Bob requested a copy of the lease (countersigned) for our records.

ACTION: Bob will get a copy of the lease to Ben for the magic binder.

Rick will send out a reminder about the pumpkin event and push back the deadline slightly

This is complete.

Rick will film an equipment tutorial for the documentation project

No update.

 Kassandra will put together a class and fill out the forms

No update

New business:

We need to engage eugenespacemakers.

Darrell went to their first meeting and suggested we go to their next one. Ben asked if we should approach them with a merger proposal. Darrell described what some of their interests are but noted that they did not have any space or equipment. Bob questioned their financials and Darrell spoke to the subject of grant potential.

Bob expressed a sentiment that we may not have met our potential and wonders if we should seriously pursue merger.   Ben described the ground-effect problem (put here) and asked if it was too late to do something big. Bob doesn't know that we have what it takes to get that impulse out of ground effect. Zach would like to get word back from the EMS. Bob read his mail and replied to Zach re: possibility of joining. Zach requested we write back.

ACTION: Bob will send a message on behalf of board requesting to attend their next meeting.

ACTION: We all go to that meeting

Malware on server

ACTION: Ben will do something

Action Items:

Kassie:
  • Kassandra will put together a class and fill out the forms
Rick:
  • Rick will film an equipment tutorial for the documentation project
Bob:
  • Bob will send a message on behalf of board requesting to attend EugeneSpaceMaker 's next meeting.
  • Bob will get a copy of the lease for the magic binder.
Darrell:
Ben:
  • Ben will do something about the Malware.

Adjournment:

Ben moved for adjournment and was seconded by Darrell.

The vote was unanimous and the meeting was adjourned at PM.

____________________________ ___________________
Secretary Date of approval
Eugene Maker Space

Topic revision: r2 - 18 Oct 2015, BenH
 

This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding Foswiki? Send feedback