EMS
Board of Directors
Meeting Minutes
Meeting date: 8/5/2015

Call to order:

A special meeting of the Board of directors of EMS, was held online via Google Hangouts on August 5, 2015. The meeting convened at 6:22PM, Rick Osgood presiding and Ben Hallert secretary.

Board Members in attendance: Rick, Bob, Ben, Darrell
Board Members not in attendance: Kassandra

Quorum present? Yes

Approve agenda, and previous minutes.

Agenda:
  • Approve the agenda
  • Review previous meeting minutes
  • Treasurer Report
  • Facilities Report

Old Business

  • Kass will reach out to Taper to document the status on the vinyl cutter.
  • Ben and Kassie will continue to work on the screen and present to the board.
  • Kassandra will put together a class and fill out the forms.
  • Rick will film an equipment tutorial for the documentation project
  • Rick will follow up with SERT next week (July 20th timeframe) if he does not hear back.
  • At the next meeting, we will need to get waivers for today from Bob. We will continue to do this until we pass 30 days. They will all be considered Special Meetings until we pass the 30 day mark from notice given.
  • We will discuss the Fusion360 workflow and possible hardware situation after the class.
  • Ben will followup e-mail about AmazonSmile with plugin data
  • Ben and Kassie will continue to work on the screen and present to the board.
  • We will discuss officially changing the day at the next meeting.
  • Bob is to smuggle kinder eggs (Amended to proposed agenda)
New Business

  • MeetUp is up for renewal.
  • Space infrastructure projects for this fall.

Approval of Agenda: Motion was made by Ben and seconded by Rick to approve this meeting's proposed agenda as amended.

The Motion carried with unanimous approval.

Approval of minutes: Motion was made by Rick and seconded by Ben to approve the minutes of the 7/15/2015 meeting.

The Motion carried with unanimous approval.

Officer's reports:

Treasurer Report

We have a treasury. Rick showed the site to a possible new member, we'll see what happens.

Facilities Report

Bob doesn't have much to report, he has been there once since arriving back. It has not yet burned down. Table saw is broken, or at least Rick has picture of belt that appears to have broken and will post it to discuss or board. Shopvac doesn't suck, presumably in a bad sense of the phrase.

Old business:

Kass will reach out to Taper to document the status on the vinyl cutter.

She hasn't been able to get ahold of Taper. She will continue to try.

ACTION: Kass will reach out to Taper to document the status on the vinyl cutter.

Ben and Kassie will continue to work on the screen and present to the board.

ACTION: Ben and Kassie will continue to work on a projection screen and present it to the board.

Kassandra will put together a class and fill out the forms.

Continuing action item, no update.

ACTION: Kassandra will put together a class and fill out the forms.

Rick will film an equipment tutorial for the documentation project

No updates. He plans to do the vacuformer but hasn't had time.

ACTION: Rick will film an equipment tutorial for the documentation project.

Rick will follow up with SERT next week (July 20th timeframe) if he does not hear back.

Hasn't heard back, possibly because it's summer. This was Saul and Joe. We'll try again in september, Bob will reach out to check in.

At the next meeting, we will need to get waivers for today from Bob. We will continue to do this until we pass 30 days. They will all be considered Special

Bob will give me waivers when we are next in contact. Meetings until we pass the 30 day mark from notice given. It sounds as if we may revert to the original Thursday model soon so no decision was made to make the Wednesday switch permanent.

ACTION: Bob will provide physical waiver forms for the magical binder.

We will discuss the Fusion360 workflow and possible hardware situation after the class.

We declined to pursue this due to a poorly defined deliverable.

Ben will followup e-mail about AmazonSmile with plugin data

ACTION: Ben will do this.

We will discuss officially changing the day at the next meeting.

We seem to be drifting away from this idea now that the Summer (and the entanglements it brought) is passing beyond the veil.

Bob is to smuggle kinder eggs

DONE.

New business:

MeetUp is up for renewal.

We got about 80 people in our group. Bob doesn't know if any of the 80 people have come to an event or not. $50 for six months.

MOTION: Bob moved that we renew the meetup membership, darrel seconds. The vote passed unanimously, the motion succeeds.

Space infrastructure projects for this fall.

Bob went to Edinborough hack lab, approximately same age as EMS. They have a tri-segment space with an emphasis on smaller equipment.
They have a lot of stuff that their members have built for the maker space. They have a monorail track suspended from the ceiling that has a webcam that can control the train. 26" monitor suspended from the ceiling that shows their IRC channel. They have a door lock similar to ours and a command center close to the front door for automating lights and whatnot.
Bob proposed a contest: teams build stuff for EMS then give out prizes or something. We offer to fund materials for proposed projects that sound promising and achievable.
Bob proposed a fixed timeline for the contest: September 1st to September 30th.
Rick suggested we have an event where everyone presents their projects and then they get paid back in proportion to what they spent.

ACTION: Let's hash out the idea of the 'Make The Space Better' contest in mail. Bob will write smething and send it to Ben.

Action Items:

Kassie:
  • Kassandra will put together a class and fill out the forms.
  • Ben and Kassie will continue to work on a projection screen and present it to the board.
  • Kass will reach out to Taper to document the status on the vinyl cutter.
Rick:
  • Rick will film an equipment tutorial for the documentation project.
Bob:
  • Let's hash out the idea of the 'Make The Space Better' contest in mail. Bob will write smething and send it to Ben.
  • Bob moved that we renew the meetup membership, darrel seconds. The vote passed unanimously, the motion succeeds.
  • Bob will provide physical waiver forms for the magical binder.
Darrell:
Ben:

Adjournment:

Rick moved for adjournment and was seconded by Ben.

The vote was unanimous and the meeting was adjourned at 7:07 PM.

____________________________ ___________________
Secretary Date of approval
Eugene Maker Space

Topic revision: r1 - 18 Aug 2015, BenH
 

This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding Foswiki? Send feedback