Board of Directors
Meeting date: 3/06/2013
Call to order:
A Regular meeting of the Board of directors of EMS, was held at 687 McKinley street, Suite #2, Eugene OR on Mar 6th , 2013. The meeting convened at 6:11 PM, Rick Osgood, presiding, and Clif Cox secretary.
Board Members in attendance:
Board Members not in attendance:
Also Present Were:
Approve agenda, and previous minutes.
Approval of Agenda:
- Approve the Agenda
- Review Previous meeting minutes
- Treasurers Report
- Key access for Cord
- Reimburse Rick and Bob for Make-O-Rama expenses
- Recap on Make-O-Rama
- James's event idea
- Futue Events
Motion was made by CLif, and seconded by Rick to approve this meeting's proposed agenda (as amended?)
Approval of minutes:
Motion was made by Bob , and seconded by Rick to approve the minutes (as amended?) of the 2/20/13 meeting.
- Ballence $1500
- Members: 27
Key Access for Cord:
- Clif moved, and Rick Seconded that:Cord Slatton-Valle get a key to the space.
Reimburse Rick and Bob for Make-O-Rama expenses
- Clif moved, and Kassie Seconded that: We Reemburse Bob for partial Make-O-Rama snack expensises totaling $49.40
Bob Abstained, the rest approved.
- Bob moved, and Clif Seconded that: We Reemburse Bob for expensises totaling $71.23 for Pizza
Rick Abstained, the rest approved.
Recap on Make-O-Rama
It was good, one new sign up. We sold a tea-shit, and a $50 donation.
We Really Really
need to work harder on advertising the event.
Clif will post a draft event checklist, and someone will work on a greater checklist. Greaters should have shifts, and a stronger goal to get more signups.
We had some new ideas for Bobs Wall O vidio. Like EMS advertisements.
Clif, showed the space to our potential insurance agent today, which went well. He thinks we are still on track for a premium of around $50 / mo, and by the middle of next week we should have a concrete number. We might want to upgrade our safety tag system.We should have a laminated checklist behind each dangerous tooll.
James's event idea
Hands on is important and fun! How about a power tool races?
Anyway the point is to have lots more hands on events.
Monthly Talks? One of our members want's to do a talk on sketch up.
Lets be a venue for classes and talks by anyone.
Perhaps we can get a table at the Myth-busters roadshow.
San Mateo Maker Farie. is coming up, should we have a talbe?
Other topics of discussion:
Fund Rasing, we could get a plastic LYMAN filament extruder.
Or we could buy some misc Adriano sensors for projects.
- Work on greater check list.
- Get fire extinguisher re-tagged.
- Email list about maker faire and mini-maker faire
- Post draft event checklist.
- Want's to work on fund raising.
- Contact space federation on what buckets to place doantions into.
Bob moved for adjournment, Seconded by Kassie
Unanimous, the meeting was adjourned at 7:43 PM.
Secretary Date of approval
Eugene Maker Space