Board of Directors
Meeting date: 2/20/2013
Call to order:
A Regular meeting of the Board of directors of EMS, was held at 687 McKinley street, Suite #2, Eugene OR on Feb 20th , 2013. The meeting convened at 6:16 PM, Rick Osgood, presiding, and Clif Cox secretary.
Board Members in attendance:
Clif, Rick, Bob, Kevin
Board Members not in attendance:
Also Present Were:
Approve agenda, and previous minutes.
Approval of Agenda:
- Approve the Agenda
- Review Previous meeting minutes
- Treasurer's report
- Vote on Austin's key
- Rick, Bob, Darrell are sponsors
- Vote on Taper's key
- Rick, Bob, ? are sponsors
- T-shirt night/ Make-o-rama prep
- Do we move forward with insurance?
- Follow up on member key revocation.
- Membership meeting
Motion was made by Bob, and seconded by Rick to approve this meeting's proposed agenda.
Approval of minutes:
Motion was made by Rick, and seconded by Clif to approve the minutes of the 2/06/13 meeting.
As of today we have 26 members, Yea! Space Federation (School Factory) has been sent their requested tax form.
- Bob moved, and Rick Seconded that: Austin should get a key.
- Clif moved, and Rick Seconded that:Taper should get a key.
T-shirt night/ Make-o-Rama prep
Talk about what still needs doing for this Friday and Saturday.
Do we move forward with insurance?
We should check on what reasonable coverages would be and then if we can afford it.
Follow up on member key revocation.
Discussion. We don't think we wronged this member, and there is a process for them to follow.
Much Discussion, it's a work in process but we reached a consensus to reaffirm that significant organizational changes should indeed require a board decision.
There was a straw poll via doodle to find a better day of the week for the general membership meeting, and it seems that Tuesdays are good. However we don't have enough time to change it before this Saturday because we are required to announce it 30 days in advance. So it may be be a month or two before we can officially change it. However there are other options to change it sooner, but they require lots of work.
For example we could circulate a membership petition.
- Check on legal liabilities related to pseudonyms
- Email Discuss to get people to come early on Sat and help clean
- Get pizza for Saturday's event
- Check School factory / Atrium for resources regarding insurance.
- Finish open-house checklist.
- Email tom about lathe tag
- Advertise Make-O-Rama on Redit, and Craig's list.
- Email Tom about tag for the lathe
- Email members and say were having an informal meeting and we'll have fun.
- Bring Cloths hangers this Friday.
- Help Bob move TV.
- check hacker-space insurance notes.
- Call insurance agent double check coverage options.
- Bring TV, and snacks to Make-O-Rama
- To contact each member, about something...??
- Follow up with James about lab coats
- Print more membership forms.
Clif moved for adjournment, Seconded by Rick.
Unanimous, the meeting was adjourned at 8:08 PM.
Secretary Date of approval
Eugene Maker Space