EMS
Board of Directors
Meeting Minutes
Meeting date: 2/18/2015

Call to order:

A Regular meeting of the Board of directors of EMS, was held at https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/g4fqvksfrwxoodrj3gkn22ei64a. The meeting convened at 6:12PM, Clif Cox presiding and Ben Hallert secretary.

Board Members in attendance: Clif, Kass, Ben, Darrell

Board Members not in attendance: Mark

Quorum present? Yes

Also Present Were: The NSA

Approve agenda, and previous minutes.

Agenda:
  1. Approve the agenda
  2. Approve previous meeting minutes
  3. President's report
  4. Secretary report
  5. Treasurer's report
    Old Business
  6. Kassie was to reach out to discuss list seeking more Classes Committee volunteers
  7. Mark was to help Ben on postings
  8. Clif was to wordsmith proposed verbiage for an amendment related to teleconference rules
  9. Clif was to work with Cord to get him the backups he needed to bring the website back up
  10. Ben was to reactivate posting ideas thread
    New Business
  11. Laser update
  12. Discussion on shop organization, rearrangement
  13. Key system
  14. Dashboard idea
  15. 'Nobody leaves empty handed' idea
  16. Where we're at with the treasurer transition
  17. Discussion on classes and templates
Approval of Agenda: Motion was made by Clif and seconded by Ben to approve this meeting's proposed agenda as amended

The Motion carried with unanimous approval.

Approval of minutes: Motion was made by Clif and seconded by Ben to approve the minutes of the 1/21/2016 meeting.

The Motion carried with unanimous approval.

Officer's reports:

President's report

Clif spent several hours physically moving servers to a new location in the Bay Area. The systems are up but delays outside of his control are preventing reverse-DNS from coming up on schedule. By midnight tonight, they should be up and mailing services should become available.

The servers are now located at Hurricane Electric in Fremont, CA (they were previously in Mountain View, CA).

On the 26th, there will be a meeting at the new LCC center downtown about the use of the old LCC downtown center.

Secretary's report

NOTHING

Treasurer's report

No change, same as it ever was.

Old business:

Kassie was to reach out to discuss list seeking more Classes Committee volunteers

Kassie reached out to Mark, there's a communication gap about where we are right now and how we'll move forward.

Mark was to help Ben on postings

Ben dropped the ball on this one. Mark has been actively soliciting content and ideas on how to increase our social media presence, the failure point is me.

Clif was to wordsmith proposed verbiage for an amendment related to teleconference rules

Still in progress

Clif was to work with Cord to get him the backups he needed to bring the website back up

DONE, and it looks great.

Ben was to reactivate posting ideas thread

Done, will continue passing content ideas and move this into the Mark postings concept.

New business:

Laser update

Laser is online with upgraded fan. Ben is documenting workflows and will be providing those shortly.

Discussion on shop organization, rearrangement

Described changes and requested more help.

Key system

System should be installed this week, Rick's time depending.

Dashboard idea

Described idea of a central dash UI for in-shop web resources. Will flesh out further in discuss.

'Nobody leaves empty handed' idea

Described idea of making sure all visitors leave with a physical Tchotchke (laser cut or 3D printed, EMS logo was an example idea). Clif agreed and added some talk about pre-defined patterns for the 3D printer and laser cutter so they could be involved in making them. Kassie will help define this further and we'll take it offline.

Where we're at with the treasurer transition

No progress on this, Darrell will continue work on this.

Discussion on classes and templates

Somehow we didn't cover this item, Clif adjourned before we realized this got missed.

Action Items:

Kassie:
Mark:
  • Continue working on increasing social media posting cadence
Clif:
  • Clif to work on wordage regarding teleconferencing rules
Darrell:
  • Continue treasurer transition effort
Ben:
  • Working with Kass on nobody leaves empty handed concept

Adjournment:

Clif moved for adjournment and was seconded by Ben.

The vote was unanimous and the meeting was adjourned a18:45 PM.

____________________________ ___________________
Secretary Date of approval
Eugene Maker Space

Topic revision: r1 - 19 Feb 2016, BenH
 

This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding Foswiki? Send feedback