You are here:
(04 Mar 2014,
<p align="CENTER"> *EMS* <br /> *Board of Directors* <br /> *Meeting Minutes* <br /> *Meeting date:* 02/18/2014</p> %TOC% ---++ Call to order: A Regular meeting of the Board of directors of EMS, was held at 687 !McKinley street, Suite #2, Eugene OR on Feb 18th, 2014. The meeting convened at 4:40PM, Weston Turner, presiding, and Clif Cox secretary. Board *Members in attendance:* Clif, Weston, Darrell<br />Board *Members not in attendance:* Kassie _Quorum present?_ Yes *Also Present Were:* Kyle Mullen ---++ Approve agenda, and previous minutes. Agenda: 1 Approve the agenda 1 Review previous meeting minutes 1 Officers Reports 1 Cleaning up member storage 1 Cleanup Pick-a-Part 1 Discuss AV budget 1 Adding a new board member to replace James. *Approval of Agenda:* Motion was made by Clif, and seconded by Darrell to approve this meeting's proposed agenda. Unanimous approval. *Motion carried.* *Approval of minutes:* Motion was made by Darrell, and seconded by Weston to approve the minutes of the *1/13/14* meeting. Unanimous approval. *Motion carried.* *Approval of minutes:* Motion was made by Clif , and seconded by Darrell to approve the minutes of the <strong>1/28/14 </strong>meeting. Unanimous approval. *Motion carried.* Note that Kyle Mullen joined us well before the meeting started and we talked a lot about his school and how we might collaborate, before and during the meeting. ---++ Officer's reports: ---+++ Secretary The Secretary notes that since it has been over a month since we changed the board meeting dates to the first and third Tuesdays of the month this is the first regular board meeting on our new schedule. ---+++ Treasurer Our annual report to the state is on hold because the website is down but we will submit a paper report instead. Weston agreed to become our new registered agent. Who are the signers on the savings account and what is the progress on getting a checking? Darrell and Rick. No progress on checking we should do that.<br />Rick was going to find out if we paid first and last did we? Rick updated us with the fact that we have not paid a last month but we did pay a deposit. ---++ Cleaning up member storage: It's messy right now. Weston proposes putting everyones stuff into banker boxes. Also the random supplies in that area should find a new home. The intention is for these changes to happen during the next shop cleanup date, sometimes known as Hack Your Hackerspace! ---++ Cleanup Pick-a-Part Weston suggests to by shelving and tubs to help organize the pick a part area. Others want to save money and just use whatever can be found or donated. Though we all agree that we should make an effort to get it organized. ---++ Discuss AV budget Weston donated a nice computer and monitor for an AV. Would like EMS to buy a projector, It was agreed that we need one especially for classes. Minimum specs would be XVGA (1024x768) at 3000 Lumens, though we might do better than that if we can get a used projector on Ebay. ---++ Adding a new board member to replace James. Talked about the process of and who we would invite to fill the empty board seat. ---++ Other topics of discussion: We talked with Kyle from the AAA school about the possibility of collaboration, on classes and or space. ---++ Action Items: Kassie: * Weston: * put together a couple of possible AV packages with a projector and screen. * Ask potential new board members for serve once again. Clif: * Get rid of calendar entries for old meeting dates. *Done.* Darrell: * Blank: * ---++ Adjournment: Weston moved for adjournment, Seconded by Darrell. Unanimous, the meeting was adjourned at 5:53PM. <strong><em>____________________________</em></strong> ___________________<br />Secretary Date of approval<br />Eugene Maker Space <!-- * Set ALLOWTOPICCHANGE = %MAINWEB%.EmsGDGroup * Set ALLOWTOPICRENAME = %MAINWEB%.EmsGDGroup -->
ore topic actions
Topic revision: r7 - 04 Mar 2014,
Create New Topic
Copyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding Foswiki?