EMS
Board of Directors
Meeting Minutes
Meeting date: 1/21/2015


Call to order:

A Regular meeting of the Board of directors of EMS, was held via at 687 McKinley street, Suite #2, Eugene OR on January 7th, 2016. The meeting convened at 6:21PM, Clif Cox presiding and Ben Hallert secretary.

Board Members in attendance: Clif, Ben, Kass
Board Members not in attendance:Taper, Mark, Darrell

Quorum? Provisional

Also Present Were:

Approve agenda, and previous minutes.

Agenda:
  1. Approve the agenda
  2. Review previous meeting minutes
  3. Officers Reports
    1. President's Report
    2. Secretary's Report
    3. Treasurer's Report
  4. Old Business review
    1. Kassie was to reach out to discuss list seeking more Classes Committee volunteers
    2. Mark was to help Ben on postings
    3. Clif was to wordsmith proposed verbiage for an amendment related to teleconference rules
    4. Ben was to reactivate posting ideas thread
  5. New Business
    1. The website situation

    2. Key system switchover status

Approval of Agenda: Motion was made by Ben and seconded by Clif to approve this meeting's proposed agenda.

The Motion carried with unanimous approval.

Approval of minutes: Motion was made by Clif and seconded by Ben to approve the minutes of the 1/05/15 meeting.

The Motion carried with unanimous approval.

Officer's reports:

President

Discussion continuing for the LCC downtown center meeting. That is scheduled for February 26th. Clif has been helping Jher to organize a Maker panel in Portland. He has been getting leads on other founding maker space members from around the area for the panel.

Secretary

Nothing to report.

Treasurer

Treasurer not in attendance.

Old business:

Kassie was to reach out to discuss list seeking more Classes Committee volunteers

ACTION: Kassie will work with Mark to identify next steps in growing the Classes Committee volunteers

Mark was to help Ben on postings

We did not make progress on this. Propagating this action item forward to the next meeting.

ACTION: Mark was to help Ben on postings

Clif was to wordsmith proposed verbiage for an amendment related to teleconference rules

No progress.

ACTION: Clif was to wordsmith proposed verbiage for an amendment related to teleconference rules

Ben was to reactivate posting ideas thread

No progress.

ACTION: Ben was to reactivate posting ideas thread

Ben was to post to discuss for door

No progress due to holidays.

New business:

The website situation

We have a plan; Cord will be adapting a backup of the original site into a new install of Wordpress that can be backed up. Clif spent several hours wading through backups and identified a selection of likely backups to use as a source.

ACTION: Clif will work with Cord to get him the backups he needs.

Key system switchover status

Ben and Rick will switchover the hardware this weekend and Ben will create accounts for those who haven't already as able.

Action Items:

Kassie:
  • Kassie was to reach out to discuss list seeking more Classes Committee volunteers
Mark:
  • Mark was to help Ben on postings
Clif:
  • Clif was to wordsmith proposed verbiage for an amendment related to teleconference rules
  • Clif will work with Cord to get him the backups he needs.
Darrell:
Ben:
  • Ben was to reactivate posting ideas thread

Adjournment:

Ben moved for adjournment and was seconded by Clif.

The vote was unanimous and the meeting was adjourned at 6:38PM.

____________________________ ___________________
Secretary Date of approval
Eugene Maker Space

<!--
* Set ALLOWTOPICCHANGE = EmsGDGroup
* Set ALLOWTOPICRENAME = EmsGDGroup
-->
Topic revision: r2 - 04 Feb 2016, BenH
 

This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding Foswiki? Send feedback