Board of Directors
Meeting date: 01/13/2014
Call to order:
A Special meeting of the Board of directors of EMS, was held at 687 McKinley street, Suite #2, Eugene OR on Jan, 13th 2014. The meeting convened at 6:31PM, Weston Turner, presiding, and Clif Cox secretary.
Board Members in attendance:
Board Members not in attendance:
Also Present Were:
Rick and Bob
Approve agenda, and previous minutes.
Approval of Agenda:
- Approve the agenda
- Review previous meeting minutes
- Officer's reports
- Discussion with previous board members to transfer knowledge
- Mini Report on the last space committee meeting
- Acton items from that meeting and progress report on them
- Report on todays city planner meeting
- More talk on revenue and moving to a new space
- Changing BOD meetings from Wednesdays to Mondays
Motion was made by Clif, and seconded by James to approve this meeting's proposed agenda.
Approval of minutes:
Motion was made by Darrell, and seconded by James to approve the minutes of the 12/11/13
Rick kindly provided Darrell with the spread sheet for the bank account $3182.00 Darrell thinks wee have about 16 members.
Keven may have been giving members a longer grace period and so his numbers may have been higher.
The Secretary presented and read a waiver of notice of the meeting, signed by all the directors.
Quick update on the Wilson space.
Resource Manager report:
How is the new storage plan implementation coming along? none yet oops.
Discussion with previous board members to transfer knowledge:
- Questions for Kevin, Who's name is the current lease in? Rick's.
- Whos name are the utils in?
- EWEB: EMS
- PO Box: EMS
- Is the lease or any of the utils on auto pay?
- Is anything in the bank account on auto pay? not that we know of
- Who's name is the bank account in? EMS biz savings account.
- Who are the signers on the back account? RIck and Kevin.
- How do we change them? Going with Rick to the branch.
- Does Rick want to continue as the registered agent for EMS?
- We could have a checking account now Wo-hoo!
- Was their a Comcast BW issue and how was it resolved?
- yes, it was dropping half the packets. If it still is a problem then open a ticket.
- Could we transfer the domain name to the Org?Yes.
- Rick would like change the registered against to someone else.
- Do we really need to give 60 days notice? Yes..
- Have we already paid first and last? TBD
Mark DW posted a request if we had a W9. Not that we know of but we do have a EIN.
What is the monetary donation process?
Rick says there is a form on the website. Have the donor to send the donation to the SF with a hard copy of the form? Then Email a receipt to the donor.
Bob thinks that you don't need a receipt if it's under $250 but more info on the site
Weston had a question about what joint paperwork things we (EMS) were behind on.
- XX moved, and XX Seconded that:
Mini Report on the last space committee meeting:
Had a pretty good turnout, Weston said that when he saw the Wilson space he liked it but it gave him great apprehensive about the financial liability. So a lot of the agenda in his mind was to work on more ways to ramp up our revenue (an ongoing theme) get the stakeholders involved go over the proposed revenues (worst case scenario) then talk seriously about grants and sponsorships.
Acton items from that meeting and progress report on them:
James is learning from his biz friends what they want to hear. and how to approach them for donations
Weston is working on getting money from his employer also.
Others should do the same.
Should one of us send out a prompt for the committee to beet the bushes for sponsorship.
Come up with a nice bullet list that we can all share when approaching new donors.
Report on todays city planner meeting:
Clif talked about todays city planners meeting w.r.t. the Wilson space. Looks good, maybe eventually we might need a dust collection system.
More talk on revenue and moving to a new space:
We seem to have already covered most of these items. What classes can be started now? Kassie, talked about these things wanted to know what the expectations were. where was I in getting OpenERP set up.etc... Darrel we could handle small classes right now manually.
Try to find something like moodel that will help run online or partially online.
Some ways of accepting money is event brite, paypal, Dwalla, Authorizer.net
Changing BOD meetings from Wednesdays to Mondays:
- Darrell moved, and James Seconded that: We change the regular board meetings from Wednesdays to the first and third Tuesdays of the month startting 4:00PM.
Other topics of discussion:
- Please find out if we paid first and last
- Get board members on our utils and other accounts
- Send out a prompt for the committee to beet the bushes for sponsor ship.
- Continue to work on OpenERP
- Look and onetime donations and the associated ongoing liabilities
- Look into moodel
- Change policy for new meeting. Done.
- Change calendar for BoD Meetings
- During the annual report, please update the registered agent to someone on the board. and any other corporation changes we need for just one fee.
- Find out what a W9 is and if we need one?
The next board meeting will be a special one on Tuesday the 28th.
Clif moved for adjournment, Seconded by Kassie.
Unanimous, the meeting was adjourned at 8:16PM.
Secretary Date of approval
Eugene Maker Space