EMS
Board of Directors
Meeting Minutes
Meeting date: 1/07/2015


Call to order:

A Regular meeting of the Board of directors of EMS, was held via at 687 McKinley street, Suite #2, Eugene OR on January 7th, 2016. The meeting convened at 6:58PM, Clif Cox presiding and Ben Hallert secretary.

Board Members in attendance: Clif, Ben, Darrell
Board Members not in attendance: Kass, Taper, Mark

All confirmed that the teleconference is working for them, and they can fully participate.

Quorum? Provisional

Also Present Were:

Approve agenda, and previous minutes.

Agenda:
  1. Approve the agenda
  2. Review previous meeting minutes
  3. Officers Reports
    1. President's Report
    2. Secretary's Report
    3. Treasurer's Report
  4. Old Business review
    1. Kassie was to reach out to discuss list seeking more Classes Committee volunteers
    2. Mark was to help Ben on postings
    3. Clif was to wordsmith proposed verbiage for an amendment related to teleconference rules
    4. Ben was to reactivate posting ideas thread
    5. Ben was to post to discuss for door
  5. New Business
    1. New Key system - Let's switch over - Ben
    2. Classes - Kass requests all read her classes proposal she emailed in advance.
    3. Vitamin cabinet - what to stock if we proceed - Ben
    4. Meeting with Spilde - Clif
Approval of Agenda: Motion was made by Clif and seconded by Ben to approve this meeting's proposed agenda.

The Motion carried with unanimous approval.

Approval of minutes: Motion was made by Ben and seconded by Clif to approve the minutes of the 12/17/15 meeting.

The Motion carried with unanimous approval.

Officer's reports:

President

Clif has been notified that his servers (including the EMS box) is going away. He has been exploring various co-location options both in the Bay Area and locally. Hurricane Electric in the Bay would reflect a cost to Clif of $100 a month and is lower than the last bid he received from the local farm.

Secretary

Nothing to report.

Treasurer

We have two new members and lost one reflecting a net of one.

Old business:

Kassie was to reach out to discuss list seeking more Classes Committee volunteers

ACTION: Kassie was to reach out to discuss list seeking more Classes Committee volunteers

Mark was to help Ben on postings

We did not make progress on this because of the holidays. Propagating this action item forward to the next meeting.

ACTION: Mark was to help Ben on postings

Clif was to wordsmith proposed verbiage for an amendment related to teleconference rules

ACTION: Clif was to wordsmith proposed verbiage for an amendment related to teleconference rules

No progress due to holidays.

Ben was to reactivate posting ideas thread

No progress due to holidays.

ACTION: Ben was to reactivate posting ideas thread

Ben was to post to discuss for door

No progress due to holidays.

New business:

New Key system - Let's switch over - Ben

I will provide a one week notice then switch over. I'll post to discuss requesting people create their accounts before the cut-off.

Vitamin cabinet - what to stock if we proceed - Ben

We discussed the basic concept of the vitamin cabinet. Clif expressed some concerns about items disappearing invisibly without any idea of where they went. He suggested keeping the new items in a lockable cabinet requiring permission from board members for dispensing. Ben countered with a suggestion that a log be attached for people to self-report what they took.

The final form of the proposal was for a split of high value items being stored in a locking cabinet and o

ACTION: Contact Bob to find out if he compiled a list, then get a thread going ont he board list so we can vote on that in the future.

Meeting with Spilde - Clif

Clif met with Mary Spilde, the president of LCC. Also in the meeting was Pete Sorenson. They spoke about the possibility of LCC making the old downtown center available for a group of like-minded non-profits. She has been receiving mails from many groups separately on the same subject. She plans to host a meeting in February bringing all of the groups together to discuss a possible collaborative effort with the space. CLif has been asked to help coordinate a list of invitees.

Ms. Spilde is not certain they want to maintain control of the building. She believes it possible that a non-profit might take control so that LCC can get out of there.

Action Items:

Kassie:
  • Kassie was to reach out to discuss list seeking more Classes Committee volunteers
Mark:
  • Mark was to help Ben on postings
Clif:
  • Clif was to wordsmith proposed verbiage for an amendment related to teleconference rules
Darrell:
Ben:
  • Ben was to reactivate posting ideas thread

Adjournment:

Ben moved for adjournment and was seconded by Darrell .

The vote was unanimous and the meeting was adjourned at 7:35PM.

____________________________ ___________________
Secretary Date of approval
Eugene Maker Space

<!--
* Set ALLOWTOPICCHANGE = EmsGDGroup
* Set ALLOWTOPICRENAME = EmsGDGroup
-->
Topic revision: r2 - 21 Jan 2016, BenH
 

This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding Foswiki? Send feedback